Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply you must meet the following criteria:
- Be born between February 1999 and August 2001
- Have Sudanese nationality and have lived in Sudan for at least the past three years
OR Have Refugee status that is recognised by UNHCR
How to apply
Download the application form here. Read it carefully, complete all sections and get copies of all the required documents. Your completed application and all supporting documents should be uploaded here by December 10, 2016. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted. WE DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS VIA EMAIL.
Your completed application should include:
- A completed FORM 1 – STUDENT APPLICATION FORM, signed by yourself and parents or guardian.
- A completed FORM 2 – School Headmaster Reference Form, answered and signed by the headmaster of your current school
- A completed FORM 3 – General Reference Form, answered and signed by someone who knows the applicant very well
- Your school grades for the past 3 years signed off by the Headmaster
- A copy of your most recent academic report (last semester or bimester, for example)
- A copy of your Sudanese national identity card and/or passport or a copy of your Refugee status.
Timeline for selection of scholarship recipients
Due to the high number of applications submitted, we will only contact shortlisted candidates for the interview stage. If you have not received an email from the UWC Sudan Selection Committee by January 20, 2017, this means unfortunately that you have not been selected.
Early January, 2017 Finalists are contacted and invited to the next stage of selection
End of Jan to Early Feb, 2017 Selection Weekend
Mid February, 2017 Final Selection, Scholars are contacted
August/September 2017 Scholars travel to the UWC Colleges